|Corporate 4x4 Safety Training
|Sometimes knowing how to drive a truck or SUV on normal terrain won't cut it for hazardous conditions, especially after storms leave their destruction in the path of your final goal, whether it be a remote tower site, power lines, or mission-based objectives you must attain in order to carry out your final tasks. That's where this training comes into play. Rutted roads, wash-outs, downed timber, standing water, sink holes, quicksand – all are hazardous to not only our goal, but ultimately your safety. And we will train your employees how to deal with them all.
|We recommend beginning with an indoor seminar to ensure we are all on the same page with safety concerns and discussions of techniques regarding what works and what doesn't given the conditions each of your team members or employees may face. Interaction between students and instructors are a key element to the success of this training, both indoors and in the field.
After a couple of critical hours of indoor training, we transition to field applications, where the rest of the course is hands-on training to ensure adequate skill-acquisition. The strength of our programs is that 75%-90% of all training is hands-on where skills are actually learned and acquired, depending upon the program. Indoor seminars are great, but field training is a must if you want to ensure proper safety skills for your team.
We can either assist you in building a program that will meet your exact training needs, nothing more/nothing less, or you can choose from the bullit list below and build your own program. We will work with you on course duration once we know your safety and training goals.
|Choose From: 4x4 Classroom and Hands-on Field Training Options
- Remote road travel – overview, safety concerns, equipment care, etc.
- Nature's warning signs – don't ignore them.
- Vehicle requirements and preparation.
- Environmental concerns.
- Go/no-go decision-making.
- Maintenance kits for vehicles.
- Emergency supplies for off-road travel.
- Safe, off-road driving techniques overview.
- Preventing the most common mistakes from occurring.
- Safe driving tips and techniques.
- Backing out of a situation before it's too late.
- Recovery techniques.
- Driving in mud, snow, slush and ice.
- Turning, stopping, backing in tough situations.
- Side-hill, slope concerns & techniques when terrain is slick.
- Mountain road travel – potholes, rutted roads, rocks and other possible hazards.
- Negotiating transition-season problems (fall to winter/winter to spring).
- Year-round concerns. Preventing roll-overs from occurring.
- Terrain assessment. Route selection.
- Proper use of snatch-blocks.
- Front and rear tie-in points.
- Extrication – the art of getting unstuck.
- When and when not to drive a questionable road.
- Dealing with oncoming drivers.
- Exercising good judgment.
- Overcoming obstacles in the field.
- Ascending and descending.
- Mechanical advantage systems.
- How and when to use/not use speed to your advantage.
- Maximizing gear potential for tough situations.
- Chains – proper type, size and adjustments for a variety of year-round applications.
- Determining when winching is/is not required.
- Winching techniques: standard and directional.
- Choosing and setting up your anchors.
- Setting and rechecking the system.
- Basics in tire repair & other possible mishaps in remote environments (practical applications).